Järnkoll is the name of a Jernkontoret initiative that aims to inspire young people to join us and shape a better future for all, based on employment in the steel industry. By casting light upon the steel industry, its companies and their employees as well as relevant educational programmes, Järnkoll fosters knowledge but also relationships between people.
The steel industry offers many things which are attractive to young people. These include innovation, sustainable development, leading edge technology, global presence and good career prospects. In general, people have limited knowledge of the steel industry and how the material we call steel contributes to creating a sustainable society. Järnkoll is working to increase our knowledge of this.
Järnkoll, moreover, is busy creating networks and contact points between high school students and employees in the steel industry who act as inspiring role models.
You are invited to contact Lars Ragnarsson or Amanda Källén if you should wish to know more about Järnkoll!
See also: www.jarnkoll.com
Järnkoll is currently working with 18 partner schools:
- Brogårdsgymnasiet, Kristinehamn
- Göranssonska skolan, Sandviken
- Huddingegymnasiet, Stockholm
- Internationella kunskapsgymnasiet, Stockholm
- Karlfeldtgymnasiet, Avesta
- Kullagymnasiet, Höganäs
- Kungsholmens gymnasium, Stockholm
- NTI gymnasiet Södertälje
- NTI Vetenskapsgymnasiet, Stockholm
- Nyköpings enskilda gymnasium, Nyköping
- Pihlskolan, Hällefors
- Soltorgsgymnasiet, Borlänge
- Stockholm Science and Innovation School, Stockholm
- Tullängsgymnasiet, Örebro
- Westerlundska gymnasiet, Enköping
- Widerströmska gymnasiet, Stockholm
- Wijkmanska gymnasiet, Västerås
- Älvstrandsgymnasiet, Hagfors
Said about Järnkoll:
“So interesting to see how steel is really made.”
“Definitely an eye-opener for me!”
“The Järnkoll project, together with input from SSAB, has helped to give our young people on the natural science programme specialised knowledge of how to apply physics, chemistry and mathematics in a practical environment.”
“The Järnkoll project gives us as employer a valuable opportunity to come into contact with the young students on the theoretical programmes.”